Leading off with the most progress in the past 7 days is the Honeybee Cardigan:
As of 8th April 2015. Pocket opening.
And a better look at the 3 lace panels in the centre back:
It helps now I’ve memorised the lace pattern!
The Birch Stole plods on (although it’s now getting tricky to photograph it all):
Progress on the Birch Stole is steady.
Look at the size of the remaining yarn to get an idea of how much I’ve done
since last week.
And I managed 4 rows on the Advent Calendar Stole last night (there’s an awful 3-into-9 increase that slowed me right down):
Row counter provides “proof” of the 4 rows I’ve completed!
Spelled correctly this week! (oops)
So, here’s last week’s UFO project, the
Iznik, I Heart You shawl 7 days ago:
I Heart Iznik shawl status as of 31st March 2015
And here’s the progress I’ve made (colour is more accurate in this photo than last week’s)
I’ve pinned out one half to show the patterning slightly better. As of 7th April 2015.
Closer shot of the number of rows I’ve done, as indicated by the blue stitch marker:
Stitch marker indicates where I started last week.
I think 7 days is all I can manage on this (it takes a great deal of concentration and I’m increasing 6 sts every other row so it’s only going to get harder!), so I’ve switched to another long-languishing UFO.
Advent Scarf/Stole from 2010!
Days 1 – 19 complete. As of 7th April 2015
Oh look, it’s a big lump of lace! I’ve only got 4 “days” of pattern to go so I’m not quite sure why this stalled. I intend to press on and try and get it finished this week or next.
So, how are your UFOs progressing?
Well, here’s how I’ve done in my first week of “UFO into WIP” (I need a snappier title), with the Exploration Station Shawl:
Shawl at the start of last Tuesday
Last section now under way.
Not bad, huh?
Because I’m perilously close to finishing this, I’m going to switch to another UFO
and move the shawl into WIP 1 status. 2
And this weeks “winning” project is…? :drumroll:
The next “victim” of my UFO-elimination plan
Torirot Mystery Mittens aka Secret Garden mittens, started in January of 2014. Wish me luck!
I hadn’t gone out of my way to learn a new knitting technique; I just happened upon one!
This is the Bosnian Toe from the
Crystal Socks pattern that I’m using for the Advent Socks.
You start with a stocking stitch tab (similar to the garter tab start in some shawls), pick up stitches around that, and then work in the round.
I chose to do a temporary cast on using the cable of a circular needle as my “waste yarn” (the bottom cable in the photo above). This way I only have to pick stitches up along the sides.
And this is the finished toe:
Looks a bit weird out of context…
Motoring along on the hand spun boot socks:
On to the gusset increases on the second sock
And …. well, limping along with the Iznik shawl:
So. Many. Beads.
That’s another 3 rows. Honest!