Quick crochet FO.
Orbital crocheted dishcloth
Pattern: Orbital Dishcloth by Stacey Winklepleck
Hook: 4.0 mm (G)
White and green/brown/white Sugar ‘n’ Cream yarn.
I need to work on carrying the yarns up because that’s not pretty!
Reverse of washcloth
I made a couple of mistakes, especially in the later rounds, so it has a tendency to roll in on itself, but it’s only a dishcloth so I’m not sweating it.
I’ve been knitting on things old(ish)
Re-Wrapped Cardigan has part of a sleeve. Terrible quality photo due to poor light conditions
Torirot Mystery Mittens January 2014 – Clue 1 complete
and crocheting up old yarn into something new
Crocheted Spiral Motif bag
and I dug up some washcloths that I don’t think have seen the light of day before
Mysterious slip-stitch bias knit cloth – pattern unknown
“Domino” Washcloth. I can’t find a source for the pattern anywhere.
Nb: this was supposed to last weeks post but painful muscles and a medium-to-bad cold intervened. Thursday night’s fever was fun, let me tell you! Anyway, on with the story…
the Queen has one why can’t I? Stamps foot.
While it wasn’t an official birthday outing it was close enough (only 2 months late!)
I met up with a couple of my “imaginary” friends off of the t’internet for a morning/afternoon of coffee, gingerbread men and yarn shopping.
Malabrigo Lace in a yummy chocolate brown, pale lilac and baby blue colour.
The colour is called "Blaze" - very appropriate!
And what I’ve made with it so far:
This was a few days ago; I've now spun nearly half of the fibre
I’ve managed a few rows of my Blooming shawl (which still defies being photographed correctly; in some lights it’s blue, in others purple) and a couple of motifs in the Corelli CAL. I have two more completed washcloths.
Dragonfly (Ravelry link): I may well be keeping this one for myself. L: Knit-side uppermost R: Purl-side uppermost. Another purple defying photography!
A textured slip stitch washcloth (pattern from a Yahoo Group and is no longer available)
Both made in Peaches and Cream yarn.
The cold is progressing and I’m now at the hacking dry-cough stage. Of course, this is really nothing in comparison to what happened in Japan so I’m trying not to complain to much.
Germ-y hugs to all.
Pattern: Coldharbour Twist by Woollywormhead
Yarn/needles: Sublime Organic Cotton DK. Approx 75 g used (180 yds). 4.5 mm circular, used Magic-loop style.
Made for my mum who doesn’t like hats “with holes in” because “isn’t a hat for keeping you warm?”.
She also has a head of curly hair so the beret shape is perfect for avoiding helmet-hair.
Lovely pattern as you would expect from Woollywormhead and I was pleasantly surprised by how the yarn worked up with the texture.
Using the remnants of the hat yarn I made myself a cute little crocheted washcloth
Pattern: Lady Marmalade by Shirley MacDonald.
Really fun pattern and works up very fast.
Knew I was running out of yarn fast and so worked the bottom ruffle in a series of trebles (US doubles) instead of as prescribed in the pattern.
Great way of trying new stitches and techniques in a small project.
I’m leaving the icky, TMI (Too Much Information) ear-stuff until the end so you can skip over it if you don’t want to read it!
I’ve finished one of the Ballet-shoe-socks
It looks very strange even on the foot, but it (almost) disappears when in the shoe
So on to the second one.
Not much progress on the Trilobite sock but I have finished the world’s most boring washcloth
Dull, but effective! Yarn is Lily’s Sugar ‘n’ Cream. I made it big enough to cover my splayed hand.
I’m also attempting to make a head-band out of the left-overs (stitch pattern is Elizabeth’s Lace Lattice from Knitting on the Edge)
I’ve decided to stop doing Project 365 (I had a bad week and missed a day and realised I didn’t really care all that much) but I’ll still take photos of things which take my fancy.
For example: I found this curvy piece of wood and these two snails and saw synergy in the shapes and movements.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you: