Yarn & needles: Sugar ‘n’ Cream in white (90 m/58 g) and blue/cream variegated (15 m/10 g).
4 mm straights and 3.75 mm dpns
Dates: 24th – 27th Feb 2015
Only used 1 CC, instead of 2.
Worsted-weight cotton instead of DK simply because that’s what I had to hand.
Accidental modification of crossing the cables the opposite way. It’s now a design feature.
Another accidental mod of leaving off the stripes around the v-neck collar.
I’m going to be honest and say that it’s really difficult to get this on my teapot. I don’t know if it’s because of the yarn I used, but it’s really tricky. And it’s not easy to get the lid on, once the cosy is on the teapot.
However, it is super cute and I hope it will keep my tea warmer for longer!
Yarn and hook(s): Unknown/unlabelled recycled cotton yarn (bought on eBay many moons ago). Approx. sport/double knitting weight. Yardage/meterage unknown. 4 mm hook for main body of bag and 3 mm hook for top and handles.
Dates and dimensions: 3rd -15th Jan 2014. 56 cm circumference at top of bag, 30 cm from top of bag to base (unstretched).
Notes and modifications:
Used 3 mm hook to do top and handles of bag to provide some stability/strength.
Due to my lack of crocheting experience, I struggled a little with the start of the bag but I took a deep breath and went one step at a time!
I’m going to be interested to see if, as some of my Facebook friends said, this bag continues to grow as it’s used.