Fabric: red cotton* crinkle jersey broidery anglais from parts unknown!
*the drape on this fabric makes me wonder if it’s a cotton/viscose blend, but as it was almost certainly a remnant, I shall never know!
Size: 20 (based on finished hip measurement. There is a lot of ease in the chest and the waist, so this was the most accurate measurement to use)
Fit: very oversized in chest and waist, more fitted in the hip. This has about 10 cm (4″) of ease at the hip.
Modifications: None that were purposeful.
Here’s a poor-quality photo showing what the front pattern piece looks like flat. Mind-boggling how you get from that to the finished object!
I found the instructions a little confusing and sometimes contradictory (especially as regard to what to do with the necklines – words said one thing, drawings said another), but luckily I’m an experienced enough sew-er to have been able to make my way through the muddle.
Overall I’m pleased with how this top turned out, especially as it was my first machine-sewn item in over 2 years! I don’t know if I’d make another (it’s a pretty unique item and I don’t think I need another piece like this in my wardrobe) but I’m very glad I made this one!