Yarns and needles:
Four sock weight yarns (all from stash).
- A: Triskelion Taliesin BFL Superwash (in Sunburst Finish) – 66 g/235 m used
- B: Krafty Koala (leftovers from the Knotty Gloves) – 44 g/185 m (50 cm remaining!)
- C: Wendy Sunbeam St Ives – 48 g/170 m
- D: ZwergerGarn Opal Cotton (in Lollipop) (previously Lovely Lace Socks) – 70 g/290 m used
4.5 mm long interchangeable Knit Pro
Dates: 6th November 2014 – 17th February 2015
Size: 155 cm wingspan by 62 cm at deepest point.
- I-cord (starting tab, edging, cast off)
- Short rows
- Double yarn overs
- Slipped stitches
- Simple lace
- 2 colour brioche
- Disappointingly the Mystery Shawl did not resemble any kind of body part this year. I was rather looking forward to that!
- I learnt a couple of new techniques, most significant being brioche. I loved it!
- I’m really pleased with my colour choices, especially the balance between the 3 tonal colours and the one contrast. I’m glad I waited until lots of other people had knit their first clues so I had a good idea of what would and wouldn’t work.