The yarn is all my dad’s fault. And the fault of some of my Facebook friends for posting about this fabulous NEON!!!! yarn from Regia. The pattern is very straightforward and wonderfully uncomplicated. The fit appears good (but no modelled shots, sorry) and the irregular rib pattern made for a semi-mindless project. All-in-all, I’m very pleased with the whole thing!
Yarn and needles:
- Schachenmayr Regia Fluormania Color in 07189 (green/yellow/light blue/dark blue), purchased from Black Sheep Wools (no affiliation, just a satisfied customer)
- Approx 98 g used (420 m/460 yds per 100 g ball)
- 75% new wool, 25% nylon
- One 2.25 mm circular needle, 80 cm long, for magic loop technique
Dates and dimensions:
- Mar 10th – Apr 24th 2014
- Made size Large; 9.5 – 10 inch foot/leg circumference
- 26 cm/10 inch foot length
- 16 cm/6 inch leg height
Notes and modifications:
- Knit 1st sock until 53 g of yarn remained. Ended up with between 2 and 3 g remaining
- Russian cast off at cuff
- 11 rnds of 1/1 ribbing in cuff
- No major modifications at all!