A UFO is an UnFinished Object, usually in the context of a fibre craft.
I was doing some moderate redecorating recently and as part of that, I sorted through the ottoman where I keep my works in progress. Well, that’s the idea, anyway. In truth it’s a repository for UFOs and the top of the lid is where the WIPs live.
Without further ado, here’s my Wall of Shame.
(There is a gallery of images next. I don’t know if it will show up in your feed reader. If it doesn’t, hop on over to the full site. Ta)
Reading from left to right and top to bottom we have:
- The overview.
- Birch entrelac stole (not really TV knitting because of the turn and the lace!).
- Advent 2010 scarf (I’ve only got 4 more days/patterns to do. Good job, because this thing is HUGE).
- Corelli crocheted laceweight scarf (it was a mystery crochet along. Not sure what I was thinking but I’d abandoned it and had planned on ripping it out. I’ve changed my mind and will, at some time, pick it up again).
- Knit and crochet hexagon blanket (yet another blanket).
- Knotty gloves (all it needs is a thumb. A thumb. What the hell is wrong with me?! Don’t answer that).
- Two not-really-UFOs (I haven’t started them) that were in the box; a cowl to match my Mini Argyle hat/mittens and a crocheted washcloth.
- torirot mystery mittens.
- Leaf it Alone socks (my own design that are finished apart from weaving in ends and tacking some things down). I’m hoping to release this as a pattern and I’m being cagey in case I submit it somewhere.
- Liquorice & Nougat socks (my own version of my Strawberries and Cream pattern).
- RaeAnne crocheted wrap top (didn’t realise how much I’d done on it!).
- Rainbow Shetland stole (this doesn’t see much action because it’s knitted lace – i.e. lace patterning on every row).
- Rooiboos/Swartboos long line waistcoat (just one armhole and the neckline welts to do).
- Fall Anniversary 2012 shawl (this is supposed to be a gift for someone in return for a knitting-related RAK. Good job they don’t know I’m doing this!).
You’ve already seen one item that has gone from UFO to FO (finished object) status in the Trilobite socks. Let’s see how many more I can knock off this list!