Sorry about the title, but I wanted to keep the alliteration going!
Well once I’d rediscovered these socks in my UFO (UnFinished Object) pile it didn’t take me long to finish these bad boys.
Pattern and project: Trilobite Socks by Wendy D Johnson from the book “Socks from the Toe Up”. My Ravelry Project Link.
Yarn and needles: South West Trading Company TOFUtsies (50% Wool, 25% Soy, 22% Cotton, 3% Other) in colour 723. Light Fingering/sock weight. Approx. 37 g used (172 yds/157 m).
2 x 2 mm short circular needles. Set of five 2 mm bamboo dpns.
Dates and dimensions: May 10 2010 – February 17 2014 (well that’s embarrassing). To fit UK 6.5/Eur 40 foot, size M made.
Notes and modifications:
- Obviously, I omitted the leg!
- Short row heel, no gusset increases.
- Set of short rows worked on back of leg, immediately above the heel. This was done to raise the back of the sock up to help keep it on the foot.
- A few rounds of 1/1 rib worked at the top.
- Russian cast off method used.