Pattern: Hedgerow Mitts by Amy Ripton
Yarn/needles: Dizzy Blonde Studio’s Mean Girls Yarn Club in colour Aurora’s HOARealis (100& merino light fingering/sock weight). Probably 2.5 mm DPNs (I didn’t make a note!)
- Other than knitting to the length/size I wanted, no modifications.
- These mitts fit very well thanks to the textured rib pattern.
- I kept messing the stitch pattern up at first but I eventually got the hang of it.
- This isn’t the ideal yarn for this pattern, but I had enough of it left over from my Annis shawl (which is currently in the frog pond for the same offence) to make it worthwhile.
- The nail varnish is some crackle-glaze stuff from Avon. I still think it looks like I’ve spilt Tipp-ex over my hands and not been able to wipe it off properly!