Only ten?! Well, I’ll try …
Nb: links are non-Ravelry where possible, but if they are, I’ve denoted it with an (R). I’ve also included if the pattern is free or to buy.
- Fallberry Mitts by Anne Hanson from Winter 2011 Knitty. I love the cable-like stitch pattern, and they have a proper (shaped) thumb [FREE]
- Knitting is in my DNA by Celia Jones. NERD ALERT! I love how the DNA pattern twists around back of the hand. [$5]
- Hippocampus (R) by torirot designs. Seahorses, on mittens. What’s not to like?! [FREE]
- Cabled Snowman Mittens (R) by Jean Gifford. Complely adorable cable pattern. [FREE]
- Bubbles (R) by Sara Peterson. Colourwork full mittens with afterthought thumbs. [$5.50]
- FrankenMitts (R) by Severina. Colourwork flip-top mittens. [FREE]
- Chevalier Mittens by Mari Muinonen / tikru. Incredibly intricate cabled/travelling stitch mittens [FREE]
- Pirate Mittens (R) by Adrian Bizilia Colourwork skulls! I’d love to do a matching set of mittens and socks from this pattern! [FREE]
- Green Autumn (Druid Mittens) by Jared Flood from Vogue Knitting, Fall 2008. [$5 via the Vogue Knitting online shop]
- Knucks by Pamela Grossman from Knitty Summer 2006. A great basic pattern with lots of room for customising! [FREE]
And if you’ve read this far you get the reward of a picture of the yarn I bought today.
Hardly breaking the bank but I’m hoping this will be pressed into immediate service as a design I’ve been working on.