I’ve dubbed these the SMS socks; Save My Sanity. Concentrating on the charts and the stranding kept my mind on the socks and not on any upsetting thoughts or feelings I was having. The past few weeks have been very rough, and I still have a long way to go, but I’m beginning to think the light at the end of the tunnel isn’t necessarily a train about to run me over.
For Sock Knitters Anonymous July 2012 Sockdown.
Challenge: Fair Isle/Stranded colourwork
Pattern: Chart from a 1946 “Silky Fair Isle Sweater” pattern from “Knitting in Vogue, volume 2”, modified by me. Heel = “Strong Heel”. My Ravelry Project Page.
Yarn and needles: MC = Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock in “Charcoal” (97 grams / 365.5 yards). CC = Lang Yarns Jawoll Magic Colorway 1004 (30 grams / 131.1 yards). Knit Picks Harmony 2.5 mm D.P.Ns.
Dates: Started July 4 2012. Completed July 28 2012
- Pin stripe heels worked with opposite end of ball to maintain colour progression in foot
- Long-tail cast on over 2 needles, with one strand MC and one CC
- 1/1 rib for cuff. 1 rnd MC, 1 rnd CC
- Pinstripe wedge toe
- Small “box” pattern at toe
- This was my last roll of the dice with colourwork socks, and it seems to have worked out well. I accidentally did 1 more pattern repeat on the leg of the second sock because I attempted to count late at night!