Yarn: MC: Sirdar Click DK CCs: Sirdar Click DK, Rowan Cashsoft DK
Finished Measurements: underarm to hem: 44cm/17 in. Width: 1123cm/44 in
- I swatched and found I liked the fabric knit at a tighter gauge than that given in the pattern so I knit from the instructions for a larger size to achieve the desired finished measurements.
- I added pockets as directed in the Cria cardigan instructions from the same book.
- I did an intarsia motif on the pockets to mirror the yoke patterning, but in different yarn.
- The lining for the pockets is a “floating” lining to protect the stranding on the pocket fronts.
- I worked a 1/1 rib for the sleeve cuffs as per my mum’s requirements and I reflected this in the pocket welts.
- Omitted top button hole as it would be surplus to requirements.
- Worked simple yarn over buttonholes.
- No waist shaping.
- Used a slip-stitch mock seam for structural reasons.
- Very unhappy with how the Sirdar Click has pilled on the fronts and sleeves. Not please with this at all. But…
- My mum loves the cardigan and it fits her. What more could a girl want?