Pattern: (some what modified) Based on “The Witty Knits” chapter from “Knitted Toys” (out of print) by Jean Greenhowe.
Yarn/other materials: various oddments of DK and 4-ply yarns (mostly acrylic). Poly toy stuffing. Plywood for cricket bat. High density foam for the “feet”. Cotton embroidery thread.
- These “toys” are based on the classic (yes, I know it’s not yet old enough to be called a classic [wow, it’s nearly 10 years old!], but there it is) zom-rom-com film “Shaun of the Dead“. Note the red tie and white shirt that Shaun wears in the film.
- The idea behind them was as a teaching aid to learn how to safely and quickly dispatch any zombie, should the need arise.
- I made these (along with a knitted headband, a knitted luggage tag and 2 knitted mice for my swap-partner’s cats) in July 2011 for the 2011 Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness Swap.
- I was particularly pleased with the cricket bat (complete with blood stains).
- I heard from their recipient that she still has them on her desk! That’s a compliment if ever I heard one!