Pattern: Serpentine Socks by Wendy D. Johnson [Ravelry Project Page]
Click on any of the photos to view a larger image. Press the “back” button on your browser to return to this post.
Yarn and needles: Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball Stärke 6 (2-ply sport-weight wool/nylon yarn) 100g = 285 yards (260m) used out of 150g. 3 mm (US2.5) bamboo double pointed needles.
Size(s): Medium: To fit UK 6.5 feet (approx. 9″ long). Leg height 10″/25 cm
- Made for Sock Knitter’s Anonymous July 2011 knit-along for the Wendy D. Johnson Pattern Challenge. Personal challenge was to knit a sport/DK sock in lace.
- K2/P2 rib up back of leg for grip!
- Second sock heel worked with inside strand of yarn (I’d intended to do that for both, but forgot with the first!)
- Russian Bind (cast) off for cuff.
- Toe-up, gusset heel (as per pattern)
- I bought this yarn to make a pair of socks to wear with these shoes!