And flopping over the line in last place, just 5 weeks after I started the shawl, I finished!
Finished size (blocked): wingspan 115 cm/45 in, centre depth 43 cm/17 in
Dates: 16th May 2011 to 22nd June 2011
- Long tail cast on with inside and outside strand of ball (so I didn’t have to guess how much yarn I’d need and run out part way through!)
- Changed the sl, k2tog, psso double decrease in chart 1 for sl2tog, k1, pssso. Maintained the pattern’s dd for remainder of pattern
- You may notice a notch missing from the top of the shawl – I decided I wanted the shawl to sit more ergonomically on my shoulders and around my neck. I simply omitted the last 14 rows of Chart D, keeping the stitches “live” and worked the garter stitch border sideways along the edge.
- No idea what happened but I came up short on the yardage again. It was supposed to be in the region of 300 yds. It’s likely to be the relatively small needle size I used combined with the fact I’m a relatively tight knitter. Maybe that little V missing at the top made the difference!