Welcome to my first Ten on Tuesday!
Being fortunate not to have been blessed with rug rats, I don’t have to think of these things on a regular basis, but I have had to do this irregularly! Some of these are were my favourite things to do.
- Use a paint roller (clean) as a pretend vacuum cleaner. My cousin came up with that one when she was 2 and half years old.
- Forget the expensive toys and just give the kids a box and some crayons. Imagination is much better than any plastic thing you can buy.
- Sheet. Fort. That is all (not just for kids, either!)
- Teach them about insects – they will no longer be icky, plus you get someone brave to take giant spiders out of the bath for you!
- Teach them to knit or crochet (obviously!)
- Make Rice Crispie treats. Loads of mess, but loads of fun!
- Teach them the Sleeping Lions game (first one to move or make noise loses). Great for adults but it also is a basic yoga move too!
- If in the car, get them to keep an eye out for an uncommon car colour (yellow, green) or a particular letter on a number (licence) plate.
- Play “pedicurist” 😉 and finally,
- If you can, take them swimming. It’s always an invaluable skill to have and they’ll have a great time doing it!