Pattern: Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl by Sarah Bradberry [Ravelry Project page – no membership needed to view]
Yarn: Anchor Bamboolo (bamboo/cotton, Aran-weight) in lilac, navy blue, white from a Ravelry swap. 150g used (approx. 231 yds)
Sizes (To fit/Actual): Top edge 35 in/89 cm and top edge to point 15 in/38 cm (excludes tie and fringe)
Dates: 23rd May-7th June 2010
- Basically knit until it looked like I was going to run out of yarn.
- Made a metric butt-load of fringe from the blue and lilac and knotted them fairly evenly along the lower edge.
- Made a crochet tie and wove it through the eyelets along the top so I could actually keep it on my shoulders.
- I can actually wear it like a shrug, with the ties securing it.
- Started the first few rows in the navy just to establish and then alternated the three colours every row (lilac, white, blue).
- Love this pattern. I just switched off my brain and followed the instructions!