Pattern: Bitterroot by Rosemary Hill (a.k.a. Romi) from Winter 2009 knitty [Ravlery Project Page – no membership required with this link]
Yarn: Mean Girl’s Yarn Club from House of Awesome (Heart in a Box) 440 yds/402 m per 85 g. 4-ply Merino sock-weight. 360 yds/330 m used.
Sizes (To fit/Actual): Made small version. Wingspan 55 inches/140 cm. Centre top to point 25 inches/63 cm.
Needles and knitting style: 4.5 mm KnitPro Harmonie interchangeables and combination style.
- Substituted sport-weight yarn for sock-weight
- Worked rows 9-28 of chart A twice instead of thrice because I didn’t want to run out of yarn
- No other modifications.
- I love how the beads add a little weight to the edge of this shawl (and bring some bling!)
- I found the pattern every easy to work with. There was the right amount of stuff to do without being overwhelming (just what I need right now!)
- Romi is a genius.
- The photos don’t convey the subtly of colour in the yarn, which is a shame but I suppose I’ll have to keep that pleasure for myself!