Needles and knitting style: 2.5 mm Knit Picks Harmony DPNs and combination/continental style
Sock style: Toe up: wedge toe, garter stitch short row heel over 60% of foot stitches.
Dates: 1st October – 3oth November 2009
- These socks were knit for the Ravelry group Sock Knitters Anonymous KAL for October 2009 as part of the designer challenge
- Pattern is more of a recipe than a line-by-line pattern so I used a short-row garter stitch heel over 60% of the foot stitches and used Judy’s Magic Cast on for the toe start
- I used a 2/2 rib for the top instead of a 1/1 as in the pattern
- When moving from the heel to the leg I knit the back half of the stitches plain for one pattern repeat.
- I cast off my knitting 2 sts, moving these sts back to the left hand needle and working a k2tog, purling the next stitch, moving the two sts from right to left needle and p2tog. I don’t know if it has a special name – can anyone enlighten me?