There will be a “proper” name but that’s revealed at the end of November, and I can’t wait to show this off! I’ll update the links once the Mystery KAL pattern is taken down and the full pattern is put up.
Pattern: Mystery Hat KAL Pattern A (aka Everglade) by Woolly Wormhead [My Ravelry Project Page]
Yarn: King Cole Moods DK (Red Tonal colour shade 831). Wool/acrylic. Used approx. 160 yds/145 m (around 50 g)
Needles and knitting style: 4 mm aluminium circular for Magic Loop technique. Combination knitting style throughout.
Dates: 2nd – 17th November 2009
- No modifications to the pattern!
- My first attempt at a tubular cast on and it went really well. This was wholly down to Ysolda’s video tutorial here.
Tubular cast on edge
- The yarn isn’t the most luxurious in the world but there was nothing else suitable in my stash (would you credit it?) and this was all I could get from my local shop.
- There’s less “slouch” than I’d thought there would be but I suspect it’s the result of one or all of the following; my gauge, the yarn, the blocking technique.
- The knit along was fun and with 8 days between each instalment, it was easy for me to keep up despite having other things to do.