CONTEST NOW CLOSED! Come back soon for the winners (both pattern, yarn and the draw!)
Not that kind of help.
Well, maybe …
Anyway, I have something of a sock-knitting dilemma.
I have yarn (oh, so much yarn) and patterns (many, many, patterns) but how to join them together? And which to knit first?
The options are detailed below, and I’d love it if you could help make my mind up. All of these are intended for me (my mum will have to wait for her next pair), I physically have all the yarn shown and I have bought/printed out all of the patterns listed.
Now, please help me choose.
Monkey (Knitty Winter 2006) in Cotton Fun (this combo is nailed on, so a vote for this is for me to knit these first).
Mashup Madness (Designedly Kristi)
OR Child’s First Sock in Shell Pattern (Knitting Vintage Socks, Nancy Bush)
Opal Uni in Purple
OR Opal Uni in Screaming Dutch Orange (my name, not theirs!)
Ahh, all of them are lace socks. I hadn’t realised that when I was compiling the list. How funny!
So, to sum up;
- Monkey sock in pink Cotton Fun, or
- Mashup Madness in Opal Uni Purple, or
- MM in Orange, or
- Child’s First Sock in Shell Pattern in Opal Uni Purple, or
- CFS in Orange.
- To celebrate/commiserate the end of the Summer of Socks, if you leave a comment with your preference for what I should knit next (pattern and yarn) in this post only, with or without reasoning, I’ll enter your name into a draw to win some sock yarn! If you want to make a suggestion, but don’t want in to the draw, just say so in the comment and I’ll leave you out.
- The winner can chose from two balls of Elann’s Sock it Too Me Puzzle in red/green/blue, blue/aqua/green or pink/yellow/blue. The colours can be seen here. Each ball has 210 m/230 yds, contains 75% superwash wool and 25% nylon and is machine washable.
- If you are sensitive to wool, the alternate prize is two balls of Elann Esprit in Burgandy Rose. This yarn is 98.3% Cotton 1.7% Elastic and has 91m/ 100 yds (relaxed) or 170m/186 yds (stretched).
- If there are lots of entrants, I may well award four prizes, so spread the word!
- The comments will close two weeks from the time stamp on the post (14th of September at 12:00 p.m. BST. Note: that’s British Summer Time) and I’ll then make a random drawing of all those who want in!
- And, there’ll be a spreadsheet and a graph at the end of it (you could also state your graph-preference if you wanted!)