Oh, how I hated that phrase during “The Studying Years”. It always preceded a list of stuff I was supposed to learn by a certain date. The only thing certain about it was that I would fail to learn it all!
Anyway, in an attempt to make some important Project Spectrum and Christmas-related deadlines, I’m going to publicly name and shame myself. That’s right people, I’m calling myself out.
I should note that if it all goes pear-shaped, it’s all Polly’s fault for mentioning it. OK?
So, here are my aims and objectives (crafting-wise) for the next upmtythroo months.
- To design and make my Dad’s Aran jacket for Christmas (2007).
- To finish at least 2 more pairs of socks for my mum (1 within 3 months, another before Christmas 2007)
- To start and finish at least 1 knit item relating to August/September Project Spectrum colours (orange/brown/purple). I have Colette from White Lies Designs in Patons Diploma Gold Aran or the modular project mentioned previously.
- To finish the flip-top mittens for my mum before it goes cold again (in about the second week of August, probably).
- To finish the v-neck Jessica top in Cotton Angora (I’m so close to doing so. Just the ribbing to do on the bottom edge and then the armhole and neckline welts).
Shear folly? Almost inevitably.
Here are some pretty pictures to reward the more patient amongst you who actually read all of that!
Boudica Sock (start of):
“Jessica” top (progress of):
“Wireless” technology (non-existence of):
From top to bottom; power adaptor, network cable, external USB laptop fan, USB trackball mouse, external speakers.
[public service announcement]
One final thing (and I apologise if you are not on yet/wont care ever) but I’m now on Ravelry. My user name is dyedinthewool, or search for “Amy” and you’ll find me. I’ve managed to find a few of the people from the blogs I read, but fresh blood is being added every day, so I’m bound to have missed a few people. Jess and Casey are doing an amazing job with this website (kind of like MySpace for cool people!) but they have full time jobs and Casey’s grandfather
is ill has unfortunately died, so they can’t be a 24-hour operation. (Apparently I missed a message) So, if you’re waiting for an invite, please be patient.
[/public service announcement]