Progress on the sock is slow but steady.
I’m now at the point of the heel. It will be a garter stitch, short row job, over two thirds of the foot stitches (a la Lucy Neatby).
Because that’s an incredibly boring photo and story here are some books I’ve bought recently:
- The Sweater Book by Sasha Kagan (from the Knitting and Crochet Guild)
- Volume 3 of the Harmony Stitch Guides (from Amazon)
- Volume 4 of the Harmony Stitch Guides (from Amazon)
- Stitch ‘n’ Bitch Nation by Debbie Stoller (from WH Smiths)
- book of stencils to make up the free postage at amazon.co.uk!
This just wouldn’t wait until the appropriate time in Project Spectrum, so I’ll show it now:
This is a hippeastrum (also known as an amaryllis). It really benefits from viewing the larger pictures if you have the time. I took them at about midday with the sun streaming through the petals. I mean to take a photo every year, but never seem to get around to it before they go over.