It’s late, but it’s done! I gave it to my mum today (the 8th) as a “Thanks for giving birth to me” present. I even wrapped it!
Click on any of the pictures for a larger view.
I’m leaving the issue of fastening the cardigan for now. The reason for this is because my mum very, very, rarely fastens her cardigans. If she does, it’s usually snowing!
I’ve been thinking about the pattern, and the possibility of publication on somewhere like Magknits (assuming Kerrie would take it).
1. More people would get access to it than the twenty-or-so regular readers who pop by here
2. I like sharing
3. I’m quite pround of it
1. Somewhere like knitty wouldn’t take it becuase I’ve blogged about it
2. I don’t have the confidence to do multiple sizes
3. I don’t have the confidence to publish a proper adult garment
4. It looks too similar to Stef Japel’s stuff to be published
5. I have weird row gauge and the pattern wouldn’t work without it!
So, having said all that, the notes will be up as soon as I’ve found all the bits of paper and deciphered my own handwriting!
ETA – pattern notes now available here.