EDIT: my image server decided to have a day off (again) so I’m transfering some of my stuff over to Flickr.
That’s right people, I have a finished object!
Please excuse some of the body-only shots. I was having a bad head day!
Pattern: Berroco Caroline Tank Top
Size: I worked it as the smallest size (33″) and with the gauge difference it worked out perfectly to fit around 42-44″.
Yarn: Rowan Cork (discontinued) in Hearten (an already discontinued shade anyway). I used about 7 balls, maybe 6. I started off with 15 balls and knit this with some of it. I used most of what was left.
Needles: US 11 Denise Interchangeables.
Notes: I used probability to determine whether each of the cables would cross front or back. See this post for more details. I wasn’t super happy with the 1/1 rib at the sides, but hey – can’t have everything! There is a mistake in the pattern with the final number of stitches that are left on a holder for the next band (they’ve overestimated).
Here is what I have on the needles right now (a shorter list than I’d thought):
- Mystery Shawl 2 [lace]
- Amble Socks [texture]
- Martha Lace cardigan [lace]
- Wendy wools pink lace cardigan (been a WIP since Moses was a lad so it can wait a bit) [lace]
- I do shrug (still not cast on for the second half) [lace]
Here’s what I need to start for Christmas/Somebody’s Birthday:
- A cable cardigan for my mum [texture]
- Something from MenKnit for someone[plain] (no names here, just in case. Wink, wink!)
- 2 pairs of Cigar gloves from Knitty.com [plain but with fiddly bits]
- A scarf and a pair of fingerless mittens for A Friend. [plain]
I’ve joined the Peaceful Palms KAL over at Nona’s to help me keep motivated with points 3 and 4.
Things I’d like to start (just for me):
- Rogue (how long have I been threatening this?) [plain but with complex cables]
- Picovioli [plain]
- Ubernatural [plain]
- Some more socks just for me [1 pair plain for TV knitting & 1 pair interesting for my sanity].
Suppose I’d better crack on then!