I decided to copy my Secret Pal information over here and added/changed a few little things (nothing major though).
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibres)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I prefer the natural fibres, but I can (and have) knit just plain acrylic. Although having now handled a skein of Noro Silk Garden ….?
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I crochet and eventually I’d like to teach myself to spin.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibres, perfume, etc.) I have sensitive skin and I tend to sneeze when too close to mohair. I have hay fever and asthma and a nickel allergy. Oh, and I can only wear expensive perfumes! Not really an allergy but I’m a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. Read here about what that entails.
4. How long have you been knitting? I started when I was about seven, gave up, and started again about two years ago. And I love it!
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have an Amazon one here.
6. What’s your favourite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love Patchouli scents – dark, musky, that kind of thing.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? I would say I have a bitter-sweet tooth. I love nougat (especially the stuff with nuts in – just not walnuts though), strawberries, liquorice allsorts and Morello cherries.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I sew and I love woodworking (neither are really very portable – hence the knitting).
10. What’s your favourite colour? Or–do you have a colour family/season/palette you prefer? I like most colours – I don’t really like LOTS of bright yellow. I love purple, and green, and red, and beige.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am single and I have two part-time cats (one belongs to my left-hand neighbour and the other to my right-hand neighbour).
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To have reasonably good health for the rest of my life (oh, and become a dictator to a small country!)
22. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I’d have to say Fry or Leela from Futurama cartoon-wise and I love frogs.
23. What is your favorite holiday?
I don’t really ‘do’ holidays, but I love spring and summer time.
24. Is there anything that you collect?
Frogs! Pencil toppers, cute little frog toys, frog plant waterers … I’ll have to take a picture one of theses days.
Other knitting stuff: I currently subscribe to “Knitting” magazine (the only UK-based magazine there is), I recently found a copy of “Vogue International” and love it, and I’ve just joined Rowan International.
Other non-knitting stuff I like: frogs, roses, ‘Angel’ TV series (and Buffy, for that matter), buttons (I have a ‘collection’), books (SciFi, Bonk-busters (hey, it’s retro), knitting books), candles, handbags and shoes. I’m a UK size 18/20 with UK size 6 feet and I’m an ‘average’ 5’6”. I don’t drink, smoke, drive or take illegal drugs (yep, I’m a regular square!).
Books I own:
Knitting in Vogue (#1)
Knitting without Tears by E. Zimmerman
Knitting from the top by B. Walker
Designing Knitwear by D. Newton
Domino Knitting by V. Hoxbro
Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook
Rowan Calmer pattern booklet (not really a book, I know)
Harmony Guides: 220 Aran Stitches and 250 Creative Stitches.
Noro Collection 2 by Cornelia Hamilton