Ta Da! Presenting the Plateau Joggers from Closet Core Patterns, part of their Montreal Collection. I was lucky enough to be able to test these back in January and I don’t think I’ve stopped wearing them since.
It’s a shame the print I chose is so busy because you can’t see the cool wrap-around pocket detail, but I plan on making another pair in a plain fabric, so stand by for that!
Pattern(s): Plateau Joggers from Closet Core.
Fabric: cotton/elastane floral print jersey from Minerva (from stash).
Notions: Gutermann thread. Waistband elastic. Cuff elastic. Braided drawstring. All from stash.
- Cut a size 16 with no modifications (it was requested as part of the test to make as few adjustments as possible).
- At the time I made these I measured as a “17” but opted to cut a straight size 16 because I was at the “zenith” of my usual size range and my fabric was a medium-weight jersey with about 40% horizontal stretch and 10% vertical.
- Graded the seam allowances at the waistband before I top stitched them down.
- Opted for buttonholes for the drawstring over metal eyelets due to the weight of the fabric.
- Reinforced the buttonholes with knit interface and a scrap of the jersey on the back.
- Used a special buttonhole stitch on my machine designed for knit fabrics.
The adjustments made by Closet Core from the tester version to the final version are as follows:
- General adjustments to grading to ensure consistency between all sizes, particularly from knee to ankle to taper leg.
- Shortened leg 0.75″ (2cm)
- Adjusted shape/depth of crotch, corrected/trued front and back legs at crotch seam allowance
- Adjusted seams at front pocket to help prevent gaping
- Adjusted back rise (longer and more curved)
- Removed some ease from side seam and rebalanced leg.
So keep this in mind if you see my version and aren’t sure whether or not the fit would work for you.
I really love how these turned out and I’m planning on making the shorts version soon, possibly another trousers version in jersey and possibly another pair in a woven (cut two sizes larger to compensate).
Note: I received compensation for participating in this test sew. All views and opinions are my own and have not been influenced by this payment.